Make Money Outside Your 9-5: Discover The Best Side Hustles!
In this article we discover the Best Side Hustles for 2023 – from Freelancing to Tutoring we look at what works best to earn that extra cash.
- Personal Training
- Social Media Management
- Graphic Design
- Transcription Service
- Party Planning
- More Great Ideas…
Let’s get into it…
Are you looking for your own side hustle or a way to make some extra cash in your free time? Whether you’re looking to supplement your income or just want to make a little extra spending money, side hustles are a great way to do just that.
From freelancing to tutoring to selling items online, there are plenty of great side hustles that you can start today!
Side hustle ideas abound, and this list of the 20 Best Side Hustle Ideas in 2023 will help you find one that works for you.
Americans spend 13 hours per week working on their side hustles. From writing for a living and working as a virtual assistant to pet sitting and renting out your car, there is no shortage of ways to make money on the side.
20 Best Side Hustle Ideas In 2023
Whether you’re looking to supplement your full-time job, build a serious side hustler’s business, or just want to make some extra cash, these 20 best side hustle ideas in 2023 are sure to get you started.
It is estimated that the gig economy will be worth $455 billion by the end of this year. From freelancing to creating digital products, these ideas will help you find the right side
Online Tutoring platforms
Best For Using Your Subject Knowledge to Make Money.
Online tutoring platforms are web-based educational platforms that connect students with qualified tutors for personalized learning.
They offer a wide range of subjects and academic levels, providing flexibility and convenience for students to schedule sessions according to their availability. These platforms utilize interactive tools like video conferencing, virtual whiteboards, and chat functionality to facilitate real-time communication and collaboration.
With rigorous vetting processes, online tutoring platforms ensure that tutors possess the necessary qualifications and expertise. They offer a convenient and efficient way for students to receive personalized instruction and support, breaking down barriers to education and helping students achieve their academic goals.
|Best For||Using Your Knowledge|
|Competition||Quite Competitive Niche|
|Ease of Startup||Good|
|Marketing||Quite a Competitive Niche|
Online tutors can work from anywhere and set their schedule, making it an ideal way to make extra money online while maintaining a full-time job and other commitments.
Additionally, online tutoring allows tutors to help others in a variety of different subjects, which can be rewarding in itself.
Online tutoring involves teaching students through video conferencing, phone calls, and chat rooms.
This method allows tutors to communicate with students live, and it also allows tutors to give students assignments that can be completed online.
Math, English, science, History, literature, and foreign languages are among the most popular subjects for online tutoring.
- Virtual Classrooms: Online tutoring platforms provide virtual classrooms where students and tutors can connect in real time. These classrooms often include video conferencing capabilities, allowing face-to-face interaction and communication.
- Interactive Tools: Platforms may offer interactive tools such as virtual whiteboards, chat functionality, file sharing, and screen sharing. These tools enable tutors and students to collaborate, share resources, and work on problems together.
- Scheduling and Availability: Online tutoring platforms allow students to schedule sessions based on their availability and the availability of tutors. They may provide a scheduling system that allows students to book sessions at their convenience.
- Subject Variety and Academic Levels: Platforms typically offer a wide range of subjects, catering to different academic levels from elementary school to college. This ensures that students can find tutors with expertise in their specific subject areas.
- Qualified Tutors: Online tutoring platforms usually have a vetting process to ensure that tutors are qualified and experienced. They may verify credentials, conduct interviews, or provide reviews and ratings from previous students to help students make informed choices.
- Progress Tracking and Reporting: Some platforms offer features that allow students and parents to track progress over time. They may provide reports on completed sessions, topics covered, and areas of improvement.
- Additional Learning Resources: Online tutoring platforms may provide access to additional learning resources such as practice exercises, educational videos, and study materials. These resources can supplement the tutoring sessions and enhance the learning process.
These subjects are widely taught in school and can be used to supplement a student’s curriculum and help them understand complex concepts. Other popular topics include computer science, business, and finance.
Popular platforms for online tutoring include Udemy, Lessonface, Outschool, Wyzant, and many more.
These platforms allow tutors to create their courses, set their rates, and interact with students in real time.
Additionally, many of these platforms offer courses, quizzes, and other resources to help tutors create the best learning experience for their students.
Can earn from $10 – $100 per hour depending upon the subject or specialization that you teach
What I Like/Dislike | About Online Tutoring Platforms:
- Convenience: Online tutoring is available 24/7, making it easy for students to fit into their busy schedules.
- Cost: Online tutoring is generally cheaper than regular in-person tutoring.
- Accessibility: Online tutoring provides access to subject matter experts from all around the world.
- Interactivity: Students can interact with their tutors in real-time using video conferencing, instant messaging, and other tools.
- Mobility: Students can access tutoring from any device with an internet connection, allowing them to learn anywhere.
- Lack of Physical Interaction: Online tutoring can make it difficult for students to get feedback on their work and ask questions.
- Technical Issues: Online tutoring can be hindered by technical issues such as poor internet connections, which can lead to delays or dropped sessions.
Personal training is a one-on-one fitness service where individuals work with a certified trainer to reach their health and fitness goals. Trainers provide customized workout plans, exercise guidance, and nutritional advice tailored to each client’s specific needs.
They offer motivation, accountability, and support, helping individuals maximize their results and improve their overall well-being. Personal training is a personalized approach to fitness that combines expert guidance, tailored workouts, and ongoing support for optimal success.
|Best For||Good if you have the training|
|Competition||Competing with Gyms|
|Ease of Startup||Medium|
|Marketing||Social Media – Word of Mouth|
Making extra money through personal training is a rewarding and enjoyable side hustle idea. You can work with clients in a variety of capacities with this job.
Professionals with certifications from organizations like the American Council on Exercise and the National Academy of Sports Medicine can offer individualized training programs tailored to the needs of their clients.
Personal trainers can specialize in different areas such as sports-specific training, group fitness, mind and body, corrective and rehab, and more.
They can also create nutrition plans and offer advice on lifestyle changes to improve their clients’ overall health.
- Customized Workout Plans: Personal trainers create personalized workout plans tailored to each client’s specific goals, fitness level, and preferences. These plans consider factors such as strength training, cardiovascular exercises, flexibility, and mobility work.
- Individual Attention and Instruction: Personal trainers provide one-on-one attention to clients during training sessions. They offer guidance on proper exercise techniques, form, and posture, ensuring clients perform exercises correctly and safely.
- Goal Setting and Progress Tracking: Trainers work with clients to establish realistic fitness goals and track progress over time. They provide benchmarks, track improvements, and adjust workouts as needed to keep clients challenged and motivated.
- Nutrition and Diet Guidance: Personal trainers often offer advice on nutrition and healthy eating habits to complement exercise routines. They provide guidance on balanced diets, portion control, and may assist in creating meal plans to support clients’ fitness goals.
- Motivation and Accountability: Trainers serve as a source of motivation, encouragement, and accountability throughout the fitness journey. They provide support, monitor progress, and help clients stay on track with their workouts and healthy habits.
Personal trainers can attract clients by offering free demos, nutrition charts, and lower course costs. They can also build their profile by sharing their certifications and recommendations on social media platforms.
Additionally, discounts for multiple sessions and referrals can help spread the word and draw in new clients.
A personal trainer earns around $20 per hour, so if you work 5 hours 5 days a week, you can easily make $500.
What I Like/Dislike | About Personal Training:
- Flexible schedule – you can choose when and where you work
- High earning potential – you can charge higher rates for your services
- Variety of clients – you can work with different types of people and help them achieve their goals
- Freedom to choose your methods – you can choose the best ways to help your clients
- Personal satisfaction – helping people reach their goals can be highly rewarding
- Time commitment – training can be time-consuming and typically requires longer sessions
- Location restrictions – you may have to travel to meet clients or pay for a facility to use for sessions
Social Media Management
Social media management involves the strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of an organization’s social media presence.
It entails managing and curating content, engaging with the audience, and analyzing performance to achieve specific marketing and branding goals.
Social media managers create and execute content strategies, tailoring posts to each platform’s unique requirements and target audience.
They may schedule and publish posts, ensuring consistency and relevance across different social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others.
|Best For||Working From Home|
|Ease of Startup||Easy|
Managing social media is an excellent side hustle for individuals looking for extra income. It involves managing, creating, and optimizing social media accounts and campaigns for a business or individual.
As a social media manager, you would maintain the organization’s presence on social media managers and networks, promote product media sites, engage with followers, increase brand awareness, and build customer relationships.
Additionally, you may need to create ad campaigns, monitor analytics, and develop content strategies.
You can make money with marketing via social media by charging clients a fee for your services.
- Social Media Scheduling: These platforms allow users to schedule and automate posts across multiple social media channels. Users can plan content in advance, set specific dates and times for posts, and ensure a consistent presence without manual posting.
- Content Creation and Curation: Social media management tools often provide features for creating and editing visual content, such as images and videos, directly within the platform. They may also offer content curation capabilities, allowing users to discover and share relevant and engaging content from external sources.
- Multiple Account Management: Platforms enable users to manage multiple social media accounts from a centralized dashboard. This feature is particularly useful for businesses and agencies that handle several client accounts or have a presence on multiple platforms.
- Analytics and Reporting: Social media management tools provide analytics and reporting features to track the performance of social media campaigns. Users can monitor key metrics such as reach, engagement, follower growth, and conversions. This data helps in evaluating the effectiveness of strategies and making data-driven decisions.
- Social Listening and Monitoring: Some platforms offer social listening capabilities, allowing users to monitor conversations and mentions related to their brand or industry. This feature helps in staying informed about customer sentiment, industry trends, and competitor activity.
You can charge either a flat fee or an hourly rate, depending on the scope of work. You can also offer package deals with multiple services, such as content creation, social media optimization, and ad campaigns.
You can also offer consulting services to help businesses create and manage their social media strategy.
You can make $10-25 per hour with this as a new manager or can fix the rate according to your work per week.
What I Like/Dislike | About Social Media Management:
- Can be a flexible source of income – no need to be tied to a particular place or schedule
- Lucrative potential for income – depending on the client and contract, there is potential for significant income with social media management
- Can be done from home or virtually – no need to commute or work from an office
- Can help build experience and skills in online marketing and communication
- Can become a full-time career in the long-term
- Requires a great deal of time and effort to be successful
- It Can be challenging to find reliable and quality clients
Graphic design is a creative discipline that combines art, technology, and communication to visually communicate ideas and messages. Graphic designers use various elements such as typography, colors, images, and layout to create visually appealing and effective designs for both print and digital media.
In the field of graphic design, professionals utilize their artistic skills and technical expertise to create visually engaging designs for a wide range of purposes. These purposes may include creating logos, branding materials, advertisements, marketing collateral, website graphics, user interfaces, packaging, and more.
|Best For||Design Minded|
|Ease of Start-Up||Reasonable|
|Ease of Start Up||Some costs involved|
|Promotion||Fiverr, Legiit , Upwork|
Graphic designing has immense potential for creative people with a knack for visual design.
Graphic designers can offer various services, including logo and branding design, website design and development, and print materials such as flyers and brochures, illustrations, and infographics. It can be a lucrative source of income for talented designers.
Creating a robust portfolio website is essential to capitalize on the potential of graphic design.
This can be done using various tools, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, or more straightforward tools, such as Canva.
With a portfolio website, potential clients can get an idea of your work and decide if you’re the right designer for their project.
It’s also helpful to showcase your work on platforms such as Behance or Dribbble, where people can easily find and follow it.
- Typography: Graphic design tools offer a wide range of fonts and typographic elements to create visually appealing text. Designers can customize font styles, sizes, spacing, and alignment to convey a specific tone or message.
- Color Selection and Manipulation: Design software provides an extensive color palette and tools for selecting, mixing, and manipulating colors. Designers can choose harmonious color schemes, create gradients, adjust saturation and brightness, and experiment with different color combinations.
- Image Editing and Manipulation: Graphic design tools often include features for editing and manipulating images. Designers can crop, resize, retouch, and enhance images, adjust colors and contrasts, remove backgrounds, and apply filters or special effects.
- Layout and Composition: Design software allows designers to create and arrange visual elements on a canvas or page. They can experiment with different layouts, grid systems, and alignment options to achieve balance, hierarchy, and visual flow.
- Vector Graphics: Vector-based design tools enable the creation of scalable graphics using mathematical equations. This feature allows designers to create images and illustrations that can be resized without losing quality, making them ideal for logos, icons, and other resizable graphics
Once you’ve built a portfolio website and showcased your work, you can start looking for clients. Networking is one of the most effective ways to find clients, as it allows you to build relationships with people in the industry.
You can also look for clients through Upwork, Fiver, Craigslist, and Behance. Create a strong profile and showcase your work to increase your hiring chances.
An average graphic designer can earn around $10-$20 per hour, whereas a professional designer can earn $30+ depending on his/her skill.
What I Like/Dislike | About Graphic Design:
- A good side hustle for those with a creative eye and technical skills
- High demand for graphic design services in 2023
- Flexible schedule and hours
- Relatively quick to set up
- Can be done from home
- Requires specialized software and hardware
- Can be a competitive market with many other designers available
Party/event planning involves the organization and coordination of various elements to create memorable and enjoyable social gatherings.
Event planners work closely with clients to understand their vision, objectives, and budget, and then take charge of the logistical details to bring the event to life.
In party/event planning, professionals handle a range of tasks such as selecting a suitable venue, managing invitations and guest lists, arranging catering and menu selection, coordinating entertainment and music, designing event decor and themes, organizing transportation and accommodations, and overseeing event logistics and timelines.
|Best For||Organized Person|
|Competition||Ease of Start-Up|
|Ease of Start-Up||Some Up Front Cost|
Event planning is a perfect side hustle in 2023, as it is a great way to earn income while utilizing various skills.
The types of events that party planners can coordinate are broad but include birthday parties, corporate events, weddings, anniversaries, and more.
To be a successful party planner, you don’t necessarily need certifications or technical expertise, though having a keen eye for detail and being incredibly organized are essential skills.
Additionally, having strong communication skills and working with anyone is vital.
The great thing about party planning is that it can be done both in-person and remotely. When it comes to planning, several aspects need to be taken into consideration.
- Event Conceptualization: Event planners work with clients to understand their vision, theme, and objectives for the event. They help develop ideas and concepts that align with the client’s preferences and goals.
- Venue Selection: Event planners assist in finding suitable event venues that accommodate the desired number of guests and align with the event theme. They consider factors such as location, amenities, capacity, and budget when recommending venues.
- Budget Management: Event planners help clients establish and manage a budget for the event. They provide cost estimates, negotiate with vendors to get competitive pricing, and ensure that expenses stay within the allocated budget.
- Vendor Coordination: Event planners liaise with various vendors, such as caterers, decorators, entertainers, photographers, and transportation providers. They handle contract negotiations, coordinate logistics, and ensure that vendors deliver their services as agreed.
- Event Design and Decor: Event planners assist in designing the overall look and feel of the event. They select decor elements, coordinate color schemes, and create an ambiance that aligns with the event theme and client preferences.
This includes entertainment, artistic design, public relations, budgets, catering, and more. It is essential to consider all of these aspects and manage them effectively.
In 2023, party planning will be an in-demand field, as many people are looking for unique ways to celebrate special occasions.
With the right skills and a good eye for detail, party planning can be a great side hustle that allows you to make money while doing something you enjoy.
The earning is usually party-based or event-based on something other than an hourly basis. Full-time employees in the events industry earn an average of around $50,000 per year,(per hour around $24), according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What I Like/Dislike | About Party/Event Planning:
- Flexible and convenient – you can work around your existing day job or other commitments
- Great way to learn valuable skills such as budgeting, planning, and problem-solving
- Opportunity to network and meet interesting people
- Great way to make extra money
- Can be time-consuming and require a lot of work
- Events can be unpredictable and require you to be flexible
Uber driving is a flexible and convenient transportation service where individuals use their personal vehicles to provide rides to passengers.
As an Uber driver, you have the flexibility to set your own working hours and choose when and where you want to drive.
To become an Uber driver, you sign up through the Uber platform, undergo a background check, and meet the vehicle requirements. Once approved, you can start accepting ride requests through the Uber driver app.
|Best For||Driving job|
|Ease of Start Up||Need a car|
Uber is an established and popular platform, and the requirements to become a driver are relatively easy to fulfill.
You can create your schedule, so you can work around your other commitments. During peak times you will be able to earn more money, and you also get to meet and learn with new people.
All in all, Uber driving is a great way to earn money in your spare time. You don’t need to commit to a full full-time income part-time job, you can work as much or make as much money as little as you like.
- Driver App: The Uber driver app is your main tool for managing your driving activities. It allows you to accept or decline ride requests, navigate to the pickup location using GPS, communicate with passengers, and track your earnings.
- Flexible Schedule: One of the key features of Uber driving is the flexibility it offers. You can choose when to drive and for how long, allowing you to work around your own schedule and other commitments.
- Surge Pricing: During periods of high demand, Uber implements surge pricing, which increases fares to incentivize more drivers to be available. This feature can provide drivers with the opportunity to earn more during peak times.
- Cashless Payments: Uber operates on a cashless payment system, with passengers paying for rides through the app. This feature eliminates the need for cash transactions, making the payment process convenient and secure for both drivers and passengers.
- Driver Ratings and Feedback: After each ride, passengers have the option to rate their driver and provide feedback. This feature allows you to maintain a good driver rating and gather feedback to improve your service.
Plus, you can work in different areas and learn about different parts of your city. It’s a great way to make extra money and have some fun.
So if you’re considering a flexible side gig, Uber driving is worth considering.
Hostinger offers The earnings usually depend from time to time and vehicle to vehicle but an average Uber rider makes almost $ 15-20 per hour pricing plans:
What I Like/Dislike | About Uber driving:
- Flexible hours – drivers can choose their hours and work whenever they want
- Low start-up costs – all you need is a car and a driver’s license to get started
- High earning potential – drivers can earn up to $25 an hour
- No boss – drivers are their bosses and can create their schedule
- High competition – lots of drivers means more competition for passengers
- Unpredictable income – drivers may not always get enough passengers to make a living wage
Upwork is a popular online platform that connects freelancers with clients seeking their services.
As an Upwork freelancer, you have the opportunity to work remotely and independently on a variety of projects across different industries and fields.
To join Upwork, you create a profile highlighting your skills, expertise, and experience. Clients can then browse through profiles and hire freelancers based on their qualifications and project requirements.
As an Upwork freelancer, you have the flexibility to choose the projects you want to work on, set your own rates, and determine your working hours. You can collaborate with clients from around the world and build a diverse portfolio of work.
|Best For||Digital Nomads|
|Ease of Start Up||Easy|
Freelancing offers the opportunity to set your work hours, allowing you to work around your existing obligations.
It also allows you to work remotely and take on projects worldwide. Additionally, you can choose the type of projects and clients that suit you best.
Upwork freelancing involves two main types of sales, outbound and inbound. Outbound sales involve actively searching for clients and pitching them your services, while inbound sales involve clients coming to you.
This allows you to choose the type of work most comfortable for you and best suits your skill set.
- Profile Creation: Upwork allows freelancers to create a detailed profile that showcases their skills, experience, and expertise. Freelancers can highlight their portfolio, certifications, education, and work history to attract potential clients.
- Job Search and Proposals: Upwork provides a job marketplace where freelancers can search and apply for a wide variety of freelance projects. Freelancers can browse through job listings, filter them based on their preferences, and submit proposals to clients detailing their interest and qualifications.
- Work Preferences and Availability: Freelancers can set their work preferences and availability on Upwork. They can specify their hourly rate, project rate, or fixed price, as well as their preferred working hours, project duration, and project types.
- Upwork Skills Tests: Upwork offers a range of skills tests that freelancers can take to validate and demonstrate their expertise in specific areas. These tests provide clients with additional confidence in the freelancer’s abilities.
- Communication and Collaboration: Upwork provides a messaging system that allows freelancers to communicate directly with clients. Freelancers can discuss project details, clarify requirements, and share files or documents related to the project.
Working as an Upwork freelancer boosts your work rate as you constantly learn new skills, network, and gain valuable experience.
You can also start part-time and increase your hours as you become more comfortable with the platform.
In addition, Upwork offers freelancing coaching sessions for those looking to start freelancing. These sessions can provide helpful tips and advice on how to get started, find clients, and create successful projects.
The price range varies from work to work, so it can be said with some proper rate. As an example, copywriters earn more than graphic designers and web developers, which is quite interesting.
An intermediate-level copywriter can earn around $35/hour as compared to a web developer or graphic designer with $25/hour.
What I Like/Dislike | About Upwork Freelancer:
- Access to a wide variety of projects with flexible hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Potential to earn a good income
- Opportunity to build relationships with clients
- Ability to work on projects that match your skills and interests
- Competition can be intense
- Rates are not always competitive
- The quality of jobs can vary
Best For Focus and Depth of Field and Composition.
Blogging is the act of creating and maintaining an online platform where individuals or businesses share their thoughts, knowledge, expertise, and experiences through written content.
A blog serves as a digital space for writers, known as bloggers, to express themselves, connect with readers, and build a community around their ideas.
Bloggers typically write articles or posts on a specific topic or niche that interests them, such as travel, fashion, food, technology, personal development, or any other subject they are passionate about.
They have the freedom to choose their own writing style, tone, and content direction.
Blogs can take various formats, including personal blogs, professional blogs, business blogs, or collaborative group blogs. They can be independent websites or hosted on blogging platforms such as WordPress, Blogger, or Medium.
|Best For||Developing Your Niche|
|Ease of Start Up||Yes|
|Promotion||All Online Routes|
E-commerce, short for electronic commerce, refers to the buying and selling of goods and services over the Internet. It involves online transactions and digital interactions between businesses, consumers, and even governments.
In the realm of e-commerce, businesses set up online platforms, known as e-commerce websites or online stores, to showcase and sell their products or services to customers.
These platforms provide a virtual storefront where customers can browse, select, and purchase items using electronic payment methods.
E-commerce has revolutionized the way people shop, offering convenience, accessibility, and a wide range of options. Customers can explore and purchase products from anywhere at any time, without the constraints of physical store locations or operating hours.
|Best For||Commerce minded|
|Ease of Start Up||Quite Easy|
A side hustle in e-commerce can be quite rewarding, especially today, given our digital age. It is a type of business where goods and services are bought and sold online.
This type of business online makes it easier for entrepreneurs to start their businesses with minimal startup costs.
Customers can easily purchase goods online, eliminating the need for physical stores. E-commerce also removes the need for traditional marketing, as online advertising and social media can be used to reach customers.
Businesses can create their online store with no need for a physical presence.
This makes it easier for entrepreneurs to set up their small businesses quickly and with minimal risk. Customers can also make purchases from anywhere worldwide, increasing their potential customer base.
- Product Catalog Management: E-commerce platforms provide tools to create and manage product catalogs. This includes adding product descriptions, images, pricing, variations (such as size or color), inventory tracking, and categorization.
- Shopping Cart and Checkout: E-commerce platforms enable customers to add products to a virtual shopping cart and proceed to a secure checkout process. Customers can review their order, enter shipping and payment information, and complete the purchase.
- Payment Gateway Integration: E-commerce platforms integrate with various payment gateways to securely process online payments. This includes accepting credit cards, digital wallets, bank transfers, and other popular payment methods.
- Order Management: E-commerce platforms offer features to manage orders efficiently. This includes order tracking, fulfillment management, generating invoices or packing slips, and handling returns or refunds.
- Shipping and Logistics: E-commerce platforms provide shipping and logistics features to calculate shipping costs, generate shipping labels, and integrate with shipping carriers for streamlined order fulfillment. This includes tracking orders and providing delivery updates to customers.
E-commerce also offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to provide a variety of services. This includes web design, SEO services, content writing, becoming a fitness trainer, offering digital marketing services, and more.
Entrepreneurs can also offer e-commerce courses to help people learn how to start and run their e-commerce businesses.
Salary range: $1,000-$30,000. With platforms like eBay, Big Cartel, Etsy, or Amazon, it’s easy to establish an online business.
What I Like/Dislike | About E-commerce:
- Low overhead costs and low startup costs
- Flexible time and location: can be done anywhere with an internet connection
- No geographic limitations: customers can be located anywhere in the world
- Potential to generate passive income
- High competition in the online marketplace Increased risk of fraud and security issues
Space and Room renting
Best For Amenities and Facilities.
Space room renting refers to the practice of renting out rooms or spaces for various purposes, such as meetings, workshops, events, or coworking.
This concept allows individuals, businesses, or organizations to utilize a specific room or area without the need for long-term commitments or ownership.
Space room renting offers flexibility and convenience for both renters and space providers. Renters can access well-equipped and professionally maintained spaces on demand, saving them the cost and hassle of setting up their own dedicated facilities. It provides an affordable option for those who require a temporary or occasional space for their activities.
|Best For||Home Owners|
|Ease Of Start Up||Easy|
With the rise in population, more people need extra space. According to the Census Bureau, there are nearly 20 million rental properties, with 48.2 million individual units in the US alone.
To rent out space, one can rent out a living room, a shop or garage, or even just an extra room in their home.
Numerous websites can help you make this fun side hustle possible. Airbnb, SpareRoom, and Roomster are some of the most popular websites.
You can sign up on these sites and list your space for rent.
While it can be a great way to earn a little extra cash, risks are involved. It is essential to have the proper insurance coverage.
This includes liability insurance in case of any damages or accidents that occur on the property. It is also important to check the background of potential tenants to ensure their safety.
- Variety of Spaces: Space room renting platforms or providers offer a diverse range of spaces to cater to different needs. This includes meeting rooms, conference halls, event venues, training centers, art studios, photography studios, and more. Each space may have its own unique features and amenities.
- Amenities and Facilities: Rentable spaces are typically equipped with essential amenities and facilities to support various activities. This may include furniture, audiovisual equipment, whiteboards or presentation tools, high-speed internet access, projectors, sound systems, and parking facilities.
- Booking and Scheduling: Space room renting platforms or services provide online booking systems that allow renters to browse available spaces, check their availability, and make reservations conveniently. This feature streamlines the booking process and eliminates the need for manual coordination.
- Flexible Rental Options: Space room renting offers flexible rental options, allowing renters to book spaces for specific durations, whether it’s hourly, daily, or for longer periods. This flexibility caters to different needs, whether it’s a short meeting or an extended workshop.
- Customization and Setup: Depending on the nature of the activity, renters may have the option to customize and set up the rented space to meet their specific requirements. This can involve rearranging furniture, adjusting lighting, or bringing in additional equipment or props.
However, there are some risks involved with space room renting. These include potential damage to the property, disputes over payment, and legal issues.
It is important to have the right insurance coverage and ensure all relevant laws and regulations are followed.
It is also important to be aware of any potential problems that could arise, such as complaints from neighbors.
The rental property rate differs according to your locality, renting area size, and the facilities available in your space.
What I Like/Dislike | About Space room renting:
- The startup and overhead costs can be minimal.
- It can be passive income, as renters pay for their space up front.
- It’s a flexible business model – you can rent out spaces hourly, daily, or longer term.
- You can rent out a variety of spaces, such as storage units, office space, or event venues.
- It can be difficult to find renters if you don’t have a good location or marketing strategy.
- There is no guarantee that you will get consistent rental income.
YouTube is a popular online video-sharing platform that allows users to upload, watch, and share videos.
It has become a go-to platform for entertainment, education, news, and much more. Users can access a vast range of content on YouTube, including music videos, tutorials, vlogs, movie trailers, documentaries, live streams, and user-generated content.
As a user-generated content platform, YouTube has enabled individuals, creators, and organizations to share their creativity, knowledge, and stories with a global audience. Anyone can create a YouTube channel and upload videos to showcase their talents, share their perspectives, or build a dedicated following.
YouTube provides a user-friendly interface where viewers can easily discover and explore videos based on their interests. The platform suggests personalized recommendations based on a user’s viewing history and preferences. Users can also subscribe to their favorite channels to stay updated with new content from their preferred creators.
|Ease of Start Up||Easy|
A popular social media platform, Youtube, is widely used worldwide. Those interested in making money online can use it as a profitable side hustle.
To get started start a youtube channel, you need to have some creativity and a sense of connection with your audience.
Create content that will attract viewers and help you reach a wider audience. By increasing your reach, you can start to monetize your channel.
You must have at least 1,000 subscribers and more than 4,000 hours of watch time in the last year.
You should also have a linked Google AdSense account which allows you to earn money from your ads.
- Video Playback: YouTube offers high-quality video playback, supporting various resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD. Users can adjust video quality based on their internet connection and device capabilities.
- Search and Discover: YouTube provides a powerful search engine that allows users to find videos based on keywords, topics, or specific channels. It also offers trending videos, popular categories, and personalized recommendations based on user preferences.
- Subscriptions and Notifications: Users can subscribe to their favorite channels to receive updates when new videos are uploaded. Notifications can be customized to receive alerts for all uploads, occasional videos, or personalized recommendations.
- Comments and Engagement: Viewers can engage with creators and other viewers through comments, likes, and shares. This feature encourages interaction, discussion, and community building around videos.
- Playlists and Watch Later: Users can create playlists to organize and save videos for later viewing. The “Watch Later” feature allows users to save videos they come across while browsing and want to watch at a later time.
The amount of money you make from ads depends on how many views your videos get, so you should aim to create high-quality content to increase viewership.
Consider adding additional monetization streams such as affiliate marketing, sponsored social media posts, or selling merchandise.
The earnings depend on the number of views, quality of content, and ad monetization. You can see the YouTube earning calculator to get a better understanding.
What I Like/Dislike | About Youtube:
- Can earn money from YouTube ads and sponsorships
- Can reach a large audience of potential customers
- Can promote your brand or products without having to spend money on advertising
- Can collaborate with other like-minded people who have the same interests
- Time-consuming to create content and maintain a channel
- It Can be difficult to get noticed and gain subscribers
Selling Art Online
Selling art online refers to the practice of artists and art enthusiasts showcasing and selling their artwork through internet-based platforms and websites.
This method has gained significant popularity as it allows artists to reach a global audience and connect with potential buyers without the limitations of a physical gallery space.
By leveraging online platforms specifically designed for art sales, artists can create virtual galleries or shops to showcase their artwork to a wide range of art enthusiasts, collectors, and potential buyers.
These platforms provide a convenient and accessible way for artists to exhibit their creations, set prices, and facilitate transactions.
|Ease of Start Up||Easy|
It is predicted that selling art online will remain a popular side gig in 2023 as well. To get started, the first step is to decide what art you wish to sell.
For instance, it could be paintings, sculptures, illustrations, photographs, digital art, ceramics, or any other type of art.
Once you have decided on the type of art you want to sell, you can explore different platforms. You can list your artwork on popular websites such as Etsy, and Saatchi Art, or even create your website.
- Artist Profiles and Portfolio: Online art platforms provide dedicated artist profiles where artists can showcase their artwork, provide a biography, share their artistic journey, and highlight their creative process. This feature allows artists to establish their brand and provide potential buyers with insights into their artistic style and background.
- Artwork Listings and Descriptions: Artists can create individual listings for each artwork they want to sell. These listings typically include high-quality images of the artwork from multiple angles, detailed descriptions, dimensions, medium, and other relevant information. This helps potential buyers make informed decisions about the artwork.
- Online Galleries and Collections: Online art platforms often offer virtual galleries or curated collections where artists can showcase their artwork in a visually appealing and organized manner. This allows buyers to browse artworks by category, style, theme, or artist, enhancing the overall browsing experience.
- Pricing and Sales Management: Artists can set prices for their artworks and manage their sales through online art platforms. This includes the ability to update prices, mark artworks as sold or available, track inventory, and receive notifications when a sale occurs. Artists may also have the option to negotiate prices or offer limited editions of their artwork.
- Secure Transactions and Payment Processing: Online art platforms typically provide secure payment processing options to facilitate transactions between artists and buyers. This can include encrypted payment gateways, multiple payment methods (credit cards, PayPal, etc.), and secure transfer of funds. Secure transactions instill trust and confidence in both artists and buyers.
Additionally, you can engage in different exhibitions or create a presence on various social media sites to market and promote your brand.
If you want to expand your portfolio, consider selling work from other artists. The last thing you should do before selling art online is to know the legal requirements.
Doing your research will help you make the most out of selling art online in 2023.
The earnings from selling art depend on the number of customers and the value of your artwork. The value addition increases the cost of your artwork. You can see the earning case study of a successful online art worker.
What I Like/Dislike | Pros/Cons About Selling Art Online:
- Low start-up cost: with the right online platform, it’s possible to start selling art online without much financial investment
- Flexible hours: you have the freedom to work when and how you like
- Diverse audience: you can reach a much wider audience than you would in an art gallery or local market
- No inventory: digital art can be sold infinitely without adding to inventory costs or storage requirements
- Competition: the internet is a highly competitive marketplace, which means you’ll need to stand out from the crowd to be successful
- Time investment: selling art online requires a significant amount of time and effort to be successful
Best For Response Collection and Management .
Online surveys refer to a method of data collection where individuals respond to a series of questions or prompts through an online platform or web-based questionnaire.
This method has gained popularity due to its efficiency, convenience, and ability to gather data from a large and diverse group of respondents.
Online surveys offer numerous benefits to researchers, organizations, and businesses.
They provide a cost-effective way to collect data compared to traditional methods like paper-based surveys or phone interviews. With online surveys, researchers can reach a wider audience regardless of geographical location, making it easier to gather diverse perspectives and insights.
|Best For||At Home Workers|
|Ease of Start-Up||Ease of Start-Up|
Taking surveys online is an easy way to get paid for your opinions, and it doesn’t take a lot of time.
You can make money by taking dozens of legitimate surveys on many sites.
It’s important to choose the right survey sites, as some paid surveys have eligibility requirements based on your demographic information.
Some of the best survey sites to get started with include branded surveys, Swagbucks, Inboxdollars, Suzy, etc.
Before you start taking surveys, you’ll need to build a profile by providing information about yourself.
- Survey Creation and Design: Online survey platforms provide intuitive interfaces and tools to create and design surveys. Users can choose from a variety of question types, customize the layout and appearance, and add branding elements to match their organization’s identity.
- Question Logic and Skip Patterns: Survey platforms allow users to apply skip logic or branching to tailor the survey flow based on respondents’ answers. This ensures that participants only see relevant questions, making the survey experience more efficient and engaging.
- Multiple Distribution Channels: Online survey platforms offer multiple channels for survey distribution, including email invitations, embedded links on websites or social media, and SMS invitations. This flexibility enables users to reach their target audience through various communication channels.
- Response Collection and Management: Online survey platforms facilitate the collection of responses in real time. Users can monitor response rates, view and export survey data, and manage participant information easily. Some platforms offer automatic data synchronization and backups for added convenience.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Online surveys are designed to be mobile-responsive, ensuring that respondents can complete surveys on any device, including smartphones and tablets. This feature enhances accessibility and increases response rates by accommodating participants’ preferences.
This will help the survey sites determine which surveys you qualify for. Once your profile is built, you can prioritize the highest-paying surveys and look for any free offers that may be available.
When you start taking surveys, be sure to be honest and thorough in your answers. If the survey site detects that you’re giving vague or false answers, they may not reward you for your time.
You can also refer family and friends to join the survey sites, and you’ll usually get a reward for each person that signs up.
Hostinger offers The survey rate depends on the type of questionnaire, the size, and the length of the survey. Usually, the per survey gives you $0.30-$5 depending upon the website and question.pricing plans.
What I Like/Dislike | About Online Surveys:
- Flexible hours – online surveys can be done at any time of day
- Variety of topics – survey topics range from consumer preferences to political opinions
- Low start-up cost – online survey companies typically don’t require any money upfront to start taking surveys
- No experience needed – no prior experience is necessary to start taking surveys
- Easy to use – most survey sites are user-friendly and easy to navigate
- Low earning potential – most surveys don’t pay much, usually around $1-$2 per survey
- Time-consuming – surveys can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the length
A writer is an individual who uses words to create written content, including books, articles, essays, stories, scripts, poems, and more.
Writers possess a unique ability to express ideas, emotions, and narratives through the written word, using language to captivate and engage readers.
Writers have the power to inform, entertain, inspire, and provoke thought through their written works.
They often research extensively to gather information and facts, craft compelling narratives, develop well-structured arguments, or create imaginative worlds and characters.
|Competition||Can be hard|
|Ease of Start-Up||Good|
You can offer your writing services to local businesses or, organizations, or individuals needing help writing content. In addition, you can earn passive income by starting a blog and monetizing it.
Another way to make money through writing is to self-publish a book. Also check out Upwork, Fiverr, and other freelance marketplaces for writing gigs.
Writing for an online magazine is a fantastic way to earn through writing.
The advantage of taking up writing as a side hustle is that it requires minimal investment. You only need a laptop, an internet connection, and good skills.
You can also work according to your schedule, allowing you to manage your time efficiently. Additionally, you can work from anywhere, giving you the freedom to travel and work simultaneously.
- Word Processing Software: Word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or Scrivener, provides a range of tools to write, format, and edit your work. These platforms offer features like spell-check, grammar-check, word count, formatting options, and the ability to save and organize your writing.
- Grammar and Writing Assistance: Grammar and writing assistance tools, such as Grammarly or Hemingway Editor, can help you improve your writing by suggesting corrections for grammar, punctuation, style, and readability. These tools can enhance the clarity and effectiveness of your writing.
- Research and Reference Tools: Online research tools, such as search engines, academic databases, and digital libraries, can help you gather information and conduct research for your writing projects. Reference management tools, like Zotero or Mendeley, assist in organizing and citing your sources.
- Thesaurus and Dictionary: Thesaurus and dictionary tools, whether online or built-in within word processing software, provide synonyms, antonyms, definitions, and examples to help you enhance your vocabulary and find the right words for your writing.
- Collaboration and Editing Tools: Collaboration platforms, like Google Docs or Dropbox Paper, enable real-time collaboration with other writers or editors. These tools allow multiple users to work on the same document simultaneously, leave comments, suggest changes, and track revisions.
The demand for good writers is always high, and you can earn a decent income through writing.
You can charge per word, per article, or project, depending on the type of writing you are doing. You can also make use of different marketing strategies to attract more clients.
Moreover, with the right set of skills and dedication, you can make a great living as a freelance writer too.
Freelance blogging can earn around $1500-$5000 per month. The book royalty can be another source of earning with passive income.
What I Like/Dislike | About Writer:
- Can be done from anywhere with access to a computer and internet connection
- Flexible hours and schedule
- Potential to earn a good side income
- Opportunity to develop writing skills and build a portfolio
- Competition is high, so it can be difficult to get noticed
- Can be difficult to find reliable and consistent work
Affiliate marketing is a performance-based marketing strategy where individuals or businesses, known as affiliates, promote products or services on behalf of a merchant or advertiser.
Affiliates earn a commission for each successful sale, lead, or desired action generated through their promotional efforts. In affiliate marketing, affiliates leverage various channels to drive traffic and promote the merchant’s offerings.
This can include websites, blogs, social media platforms, email marketing, or online advertising.
Affiliates use unique tracking links or codes provided by the merchant to track their referrals and ensure they receive proper credit for the generated sales or actions.
|Best For||Digital Savvy|
|Ease of Start Up||Some costs|
The advantages of affiliate marketing include its ease, quickness, and low risk.
It involves promoting a company’s products or services and earning a commission when customers click on the link and purchase the product.
This type of marketing is a great way to earn money without having to invest a lot of time and money into the venture.
It is estimated that affiliate marketing will reach 8.2 billion dollars by 2022.
To start affiliate marketing, the first step is to decide on a niche.
- Affiliate Tracking and Attribution: Effective affiliate marketing programs provide tracking mechanisms to accurately attribute sales, leads, or desired actions to specific affiliates. This often involves the use of unique affiliate links, cookies, or referral codes that track the source of traffic and ensure proper commission allocation.
- Commission Structure and Payouts: Affiliate programs offer various commission structures, such as percentage-based commissions, fixed commissions per sale or lead, or tiered commission structures. The program should provide clear guidelines on commission rates, payout frequency, and payment methods.
- Affiliate Management and Communication: Affiliate programs typically include features to manage and communicate with affiliates. This may involve a dedicated affiliate portal or dashboard where affiliates can access promotional materials, track their performance, and communicate with program administrators.
- Promotional Materials and Resources: A successful affiliate marketing program provides affiliates with a range of promotional materials, such as banners, text links, product images, or pre-written content. These resources make it easier for affiliates to effectively promote the merchant’s products or services.
Think of a product or service that you are passionate about or that you have a lot of knowledge about.
Then, you can join an affiliate program like Amazon or eBay to get started. Finally, you can instantly monetize your back catalog by incorporating affiliate links into articles, blog posts, and other content.
Influencers typically earn a fixed amount for each post and content that they create, while affiliate marketers earn commissions ranging from 5 percent to 50 percent.
What I Like/Dislike | About Affiliate Marketing:
- Low setup and maintenance cost
- Flexible hours
- High potential earning potential
- Ability to promote products and services without having to create them
- Opportunity to build passive income
- Dependent on a third-party platform
- Difficult to track results
Dropshipping is a business model where an online store owner doesn’t keep the products in stock.
Instead, when a store receives an order from a customer, it purchases the item from a third party, usually a wholesaler or manufacturer, who then ships it directly to the customer.
The store owner never sees or handles the product, making it a highly convenient and low-risk business model.
|Ease of Start Up||Medium|
|Promotion||Ease of Start-Up|
Selling products online without having to store them physically is known as drop shipping.
With drop shipping, a seller finds a product to sell, sets up an online store, and lists the product in the store.
When a customer orders the product, the seller purchases the item from a third-party supplier who ships the item directly to the customer.
The seller never sees the product, and they profit from the difference in price between the item they sold and the item they purchased.
Dropshipping is an attractive side hustle because it requires minimal investment.
You don’t need to keep an inventory or manage a warehouse, and you don’t need to worry about shipping and handling.
- Minimal Upfront Investment: Dropshipping eliminates the need to invest in inventory upfront, allowing entrepreneurs to start an online store with minimal capital.
- Wide Product Selection: Since the store owner doesn’t physically stock the products, they have the flexibility to offer a wide range of products without worrying about storage or warehouse space.
- Reduced Operational Hassles: The dropshipping model takes care of inventory management, packaging, and shipping logistics, freeing the store owner from these operational tasks.
- Location Independence: With dropshipping, you can operate your business from anywhere with an internet connection. You’re not tied to a specific location or limited by physical store hours.
- Scalability and Flexibility: Dropshipping allows for easy scalability as there’s no constraint on inventory availability. It also provides the flexibility to test and add new products to your store quickly.
All you need to do is to find a supplier, set up an online store, and market your store.
There are many ways to make money in the dropshipping business, such as using online marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, setting up your online store, or joining a dropshipping network.
You can also earn money by creating your products and selling them through you start dropshipping business.
Hostinger offers threeIn the United States, the average weekly pay for Dropshipping is around $750-$800. But this can vary depending on the number of orders, accessibility to third parties, margin and traveling cost, etc. pricing plans.
What I Like/Dislike | About Dropshipping:
- Low start-up cost – no inventory or physical store needed
- Easy to get started – no technical knowledge required
- Automated processes – order fulfillment and shipping can be automated
- Flexible pricing – you can adjust prices to maximize profits
- Lack of control – you are limited in terms of quality control
- Lack of ownership – you cannot build a brand or reputation
An influencer is an individual who has established credibility and a large following in a specific niche or industry.
They leverage their expertise, authenticity, and online presence to influence the opinions, behaviors, and purchasing decisions of their followers. Influencers can be found across various social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and blogs.
Influencers create and share content that resonates with their audience, often including product recommendations, lifestyle insights, reviews, tutorials, or personal experiences.
They build a relationship of trust and authenticity with their followers, who view them as relatable and knowledgeable figures.
|Best For||Digitally Savvy|
|Ease of Start Up||Ok|
Influencers are people who have the power to sway public opinion and influence how others think and act.
They can be celebrities, athletes, bloggers, industry experts, or anyone with a large social media following.
You use your social media presence as an influencer to promote products and services. You share content related to the product or service with your followers, often in the form of sponsored posts.
This content can include reviews, product features, and promotions.
- Authenticity: Influencers are known for their authenticity and genuine connection with their followers. They often share personal experiences, opinions, and insights, fostering a sense of trust and relatability.
- Expertise and Niche Focus: Influencers typically specialize in a specific niche or industry, positioning themselves as knowledgeable experts in their field. They provide valuable content and expertise tailored to their audience’s interests.
- Engaging Content Creation: Influencers have a knack for creating visually appealing, engaging, and compelling content that resonates with their followers. They understand their audience’s preferences and create content that captures their attention.
- Active Social Media Presence: Influencers maintain an active and consistent presence on social media platforms, regularly posting content, engaging with their followers, and staying up-to-date with trends and conversations within their niche.
- Collaborations with Brands: Influencers collaborate with brands through sponsored content, brand partnerships, or affiliate marketing. They promote products or services that align with their personal brand and have genuine value for their followers.
The earning process works through a variety of channels. Influencers are typically paid a flat fee or commission for their work.
They can also receive free products or services in exchange for promoting a product or service. Additionally, some influencers may have affiliate links, allowing them to earn a percentage of each sale they generate.
Unfortunately, influencer marketing is not a good side hustle for the average person, as it requires having an influence and a large following.
Nonetheless, for those with the right qualifications, influencer marketing can be a great way to earn extra money and build a brand.
Income from influencer marketing can range from a few hundred to thousands of dollars, depending on the level of influence.
For instance, Christiano Ronaldo is the top Instagram earner, raking in an astonishing $85.2 million in 2021
What I Like/Dislike | About Influencer:
- Ability to work from home and set your hours
- Potential to make a significant amount of money in a short period
- Ability to work with a variety of brands and products
- Potential to be part of a larger network of influencers
- Competition with other influencers for brand deals
- Difficulty in building an audience in the beginning
Virtual assistants are professionals who provide remote administrative, creative, or technical support to individuals, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
They leverage technology and digital tools to deliver their services from their own location, making them flexible and cost-effective solutions for various tasks and projects.
|Best For||Home Working|
|Ease of Start-Up||Ease of Start-Up|
Anyone looking to gain experience in many industries can earn extra money by working as a virtual assistant.
Virtual assistants are typically hired to complete administrative, customer service, and technical support tasks. They can also be hired for social media management, data entry, or web design.
Virtual assistants do not require physical offices or commutes. They can often work flexible hours and can be hired for short-term or long-term contracts.
- Administrative Support: They can assist with tasks such as managing emails, scheduling appointments, organizing documents, data entry, preparing reports, and handling correspondence.
- Customer Service: Virtual assistants can handle customer inquiries, provide support via phone or email, manage customer complaints, and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Social Media Management: They can help create and schedule social media posts, engage with followers, analyze social media metrics, and develop social media strategies to boost online presence.
- Content Creation: Virtual assistants can write blog posts, articles, product descriptions, newsletters, or create visual content like graphics or videos.
- Research and Data Analysis: They can conduct research on specific topics, gather data, analyze information, and present findings in a comprehensive manner.
- Bookkeeping and Accounting: Virtual assistants can assist with basic bookkeeping tasks such as managing invoices, tracking expenses, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial reports.
With the right set of skills, virtual assistants can make a decent income.
As a virtual assistant, you are essentially self-employed and can set your rates. Most virtual assistants charge per hour or project, and you can often find many clients through online job boards, social media, and your network.
The earning rate for a beginner virtual assistant is usually between $10-20 per hour. With experience and technical knowledge, you can earn up to $70 per hour.
What I Like/Dislike | About Virtual Assistants:
- Cost-effective – No need to pay for employee benefits or training
- Flexibility – Can work around the clock and from any location
- Access to a wider pool of talent – Easier to find the right person for the job
- Automation – Certain tasks can be automated to increase efficiency
- Lack of personal interaction – Human interaction can be limited
- Security risks – Not having control over data security can be a concern
Transcription services involve converting audio or video recordings into written text.
Professional transcriptionists listen to the recordings and accurately transcribe the spoken words, capturing details such as dialogue, interviews, speeches, meetings, or any other audio content.
|Best For||Home workers|
|Ease of Start Up||Easy|
You can make good money from transcription services as a side hustle if you are flexible, offer competitive compensation, and don’t require significant investments or expertise.
Transcription assistants convert audio or video recordings into written text, allowing customers to access the written format for their records or use it in other applications.
The work is often broken into short, manageable tasks that can be completed in your own time, which makes it a great option for those looking for a flexible side hustle.
- Accuracy: Transcriptionists strive to maintain a high level of accuracy in capturing spoken content, including proper punctuation, grammar, and formatting.
- Time Efficiency: Transcription services aim to deliver transcriptions within a specified timeframe, depending on the length and complexity of the audio. Quick turnaround times ensure timely access to the transcribed text.
- Confidentiality: Transcription service providers prioritize the security and confidentiality of the audio recordings and the transcribed content. They adhere to strict data protection protocols and may require their transcriptionists to sign confidentiality agreements.
- Language Support: Transcription services offer transcription in various languages, catering to a global clientele. They may have a team of multilingual transcriptionists or use translation services for non-native languages.
- Custom Formatting: Depending on the client’s requirements, transcription services can provide custom formatting options, such as timestamps, speaker identification, or verbatim vs. edited transcripts.
- Specialized Transcription: Some transcription services specialize in specific industries or fields, such as legal, medical, academic, or business. They have transcriptionists with expertise and knowledge in these domains, ensuring accurate and contextually relevant transcriptions.
The pay is competitive, and there is no need to purchase expensive equipment or gain specialist knowledge. Instead, transcriptionists can rely on the services and tools already available to them.
Transcription services also offer a great way to gain experience that could lead to further opportunities. It is a great way to gain experience in various sectors and build a portfolio of work.
This job can pay you up to $25 per hour with little expertise.
What I Like/Dislike | About Transcription Service:
- Quickly and accurately converts audio recordings into text
- Affordable and easy to use
- Can be used for a variety of purposes, such as interviews, meetings, lectures, and more
- Can provide a complete record of audio conversations
- Can save time by eliminating the need for manual transcription
- May require specialized software and hardware
- Quality of transcription may not always be 100% accurate
What Is The Potential Income From Side Hustles?
The amount you can earn from side hustles depends on the type of side hustle you choose and the effort you put in.
Some popular side hustles include freelance writing, becoming a virtual assistant at work, web design, tutoring, pet sitting, ridesharing, driving for delivery services, selling items online, becoming a brand ambassador, renting out a spare room or property, and more.
Freelance writing, for example, can range from $10-$100 per hour depending on the type of writing you do, the quality of your work, and the types of clients you attract.
Virtual assistant work can range from $10-$50 an hour and web design can range from $20-$100 an hour.
Tutoring can range from $20-$100 an hour,
Pet sitting can range from $10-$30 an hour,
ridesharing can range from $20-$50 an hour,
driving for delivery services can range from $10-$30 an hour,
selling items online can range from $10-$100 or more,
becoming a brand ambassador can range from $20-$100 an hour, and
renting out a room or property can range from $100-$1,000 or more depending on the location and quality of the property.
We have discussed the price of all good side hustles in 2023 above, with the type of expertise required.
In short, the income you can earn depends on the kind of hustle, the quality of your work, and the amount of effort you put in.
With the right hustle, you may be able to earn even a few hundred dollars of significant extra income each month.
Last Words for the Wise!
The side hustle is the perfect way to supplement your income and make extra money. With the ever-changing demands of the modern economy, the most successful side hustles in 2023 are those that allow you to take advantage of the latest trends and technologies.
The top 20 side hustles in 2023 include freelancing, blogging, online tutoring, virtual assistant services, podcasting, selling handmade items, and more. All of these side hustles can help you supplement your current job.
By exploring the best side hustle ideas in 2023, you can find the perfect way to supplement your income and make extra money.